Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday Morning Deer Creek Ride Report

Awesome morning. Perfect temperature, no traffic on the road or the trail. I managed to get to the Deer Creek trailhead just before 6:AM and had tires on trails by about 6:05. There were a couple cars on the lot, but I saw only a couple other people on the trail (actually already coming down at 6:05am!)

I rode up the main trail all the way and did two fast CW loops around the Red Mesa loop. Before going all the way down I did a CCW loop on Plymouth Mt. trail. The view from Plymouth Mt was unbelievable.


The lower part main trail is as gnarly as ever and has some really tricky sections. The "Deer Creek Wall" is as demoralizing as ever and I spun out early, which is a good thing since my chest probably would have exploded otherwise.



Since Deer Creek is so close to the CMC, and since it's such a great ride, I may do it again next week.


Vitals: TOT 6:09am
Miles: 11.46 miles
Vert: 1400 vert gain
Time: 1:50
Miles from home to parking lot: 26
Miles from parking lot to work: 15
course link:
http://coach.summitbid.com/course/show/37


Rode up to Red Mesa loop and did two CW laps. Rode Plymouth Mt CCW and down.

Made it to work by 8:50am

No comments: