Sunday, June 29, 2008

MS150 bike ride

Saturday and Sunday rode about 150 miles.

Both days were great.

Day 1:
The first day I woke to my alarm at 3:15am so I could pick up Jeff Elfeldt at 4:30am so we could be there at 5:AM! We made it there, and met Tony Schoenberger. Once we got all registered with our packets, clued in, slathered with Sunscreen we headed up the road.

I was pretty excited and took off shortly after we got started, passed up the first few rest stops and finally saw my team mates at the lunch stop.

I saw Dave Verdun who I worked with at Advance Geophysical and we sat for lunch and talked for quite a while about the oilfield. Lot's going on.

My team mates decided not to let me get ahead again so they apparently left without me. I wasn't without company though, and the rest of the ride was full of riding with different people up Horsetooth Reservoir and into Ft. Collins.

Once I got into Ft Collins, I hooked up with my team and we all hung out in the Comcast tent, took pictures, got a masage, and spent time in the beer garden.

I finally left about 4:30 and rode to my friends Brian and Stacy, where I had dinner and met their little boy Levi and Brian's parents who were visiting. I gave Levi a book and some Rocket Balloons, which were a big hit.

After dinner, I showered and slept like a rock.


Day 2:

I slept in and got a late start Sunday morning and didn't get on the road till about 7:45am, so I missed my teammates on there way out. I had to ride 4 miles in the opposite direction as everyone on my way from Brian and Stacy's house. I knew a few people who gave me funny looks as I rode by in the wrong direction.

It was another great day, and I took my time. I actually stopped at every rest stop to hang out. At lunch I talked to a guy about the triple bypass.

I finished the ride, ate dinner and headed home. All my teammates were already done, so no team hug.

It was a great couple of days and I hope to do it again next year.

No comments: