Thursday, January 31, 2008

bookmarks app notes

At the time of this writing all my grails apps have been reverted to grails-RC3 due to the war file bug in RC4.

On the HP laptop there are several versions of the bookmarks app. The one that seems to work at the moment is bookmarks-ch11-MappingWHibernateXML. This version is on a branch in SVN (falcon) and the branch name is chapter-11-MappingWithHibernateXML.

I fixed the app so it can be run from eclipse, (fixed the groovy build properties with bin-groovy) and fixed the classpath error so I can see the grails-app jobs dir. (so it's in the classpath).

I also added the jar files in the lib directory so they are included in the build environment. (properties->Java Build Path)

Now there are no "problems" in the problems view and it can be run from the eclipse run menu.

The app starts and the user controller displays users so it's working with GORM (hibernate and MySQL)

The bookmarks controller also seems to work and I can see my bookmarks including latest from del.icio.us.

Still most of the unit/integration tests fail. Need to fix that.

The version named bookmarks-ch11-TRUNK is broken. I can start it but it throws exceptions when I'm accessing the controllers.

No comments: